International Section (KIS-IS) Photo and Video Policy
Taking photographs or videos at KIS-IS
- KIS-IS staff or photographers/videographers hired by KIS-IS, may use cameras and videos for school related activities like sports, assemblies, school events, school trips, celebrations, during classes for technical feedback/assessment or for use in school promotional publications, online social media and school website.
- These images will not be passed onto third parties other than those appointed / authorized by the school. (E.g. Yearbook printing press).
- If parents do not wish us to use photos that include their child, please inform us in writing to the head teacher.
- For school publications, students must not be approached for interviews or photographed by parents/guardians/journalist/press while at school without the permission of the school authorities.
- KIS owns the copyright of all photos and videos footage taken at KIS organised classes or events.
- The school is equipped with CCTV cameras in the designated areas like school corridors, playground, tuck shop and rooftop.
- All parents and staff are requested to abide by the Photo and Video Policy of the school.
Parents/Guardians taking Photos or Videos
Parents will want to take photographs and videos of their child during school events, assemblies, sports & trips. At the same time, we also have an obligation to protect children from the inappropriate use of photographic images or videos.
Photo and Video Policy for Parents
We request that parents/guardians abide by the following rules to protect the welfare of the students in our school and to ensure the wishes of other parties are respected:
- Parents/guardians wishing to take photos/videos should complete the “Photography /Videography Agreement Form” (see Below) and seek consent from the teacher or person in charge in advance
- Parents/guardians who have completed the “Photography /Videography Agreement Form” may take photos/videos of their child at classes and events as long as the pictures are intended for family or private use and will not be used for sale
- Parents/guardians taking photos/videos should be considerate of other people and in no way disrupt the flow of the session, lesson or event taking place
- Parents/guardians should stop taking any photos or recording at the request of any staff member
- Parents/guardians must agree to provide copies to us if requested
- Parents/guardians will not be allowed to take photos/videos of any swimming events/classes conducted by school
- Please avoid taking unnecessary close-ups of individual children other than your own child
- Please stand away from the activity and not disrupt participants or spectators view
- Please avoid taking any photos/videos which could cause embarrassment or distress
- Avoid publishing and uploading images or video footage on the Internet
- If you do publish or display any private pages on social media, images of any other children, other than own, should be avoided, or masked
- Please be reminded that KIS-IS owns the copyright of all photos and video footage taken at school organised classes or events.
Photography /Videography Agreement Form