KIS provides learning opportunities beyond the school, both locally and globally, to enhance students’ learning. Students develop a greater sense of international mindedness and social responsibility through these activities
- Environmental Groups
- Field Trips
- House Days
- Theatre Activities
- Model United Nations
- Musical Groups and Competitions
- Project Week TRIPS
- Regional and International Competitions
- Science Groups and Competitions
- Speech Festivals
- Sport Teams and Competitions
- Swimming Galas
It is a traditional feature in British schools which exists to provide pastoral care and healthy competition between the students of each four houses.
The word “house” refers to a grouping of students.
Student Council / Student Voice
I believe that our students can offer a unique insight into the life of our school. There is a clear need to engage in regular dialogue with the students ensuring that they reflect on areas of real significance.
The Student Council is a forum for students to demonstrate their Active Citizenship and willingness to perform school community service.
- Reflects the culture of the school: “everyone contributing”.
- Students actively participate in decision-making throughout the school.
- Students engage in meaningful discussions with their peers representing these views to Staff.
- Each class holds its own selection process for the representatives who hold the position for about six weeks.
- The Council is a representative body of children across most of the Primary years and Secondary with two representatives from each class.
- Children learn how to be active contributors to class, community and society.
KIS is pleased to announce the launch of our new Counselling Department in 2020-2021. Our counselling team is highly experienced in working with children who present a range of social, emotional, behavioural, and/or developmental issues. KIS encourages families to view counselling as an additional resource that is provided, should they need extra support. The counselling team values privacy and confidentiality as an important part of the counselling process, with student safety and well-being being our utmost priority.