find PASSION; foster VISION; encourage ACTION
Korean International School (KIS) is essentially two schools running two curriculums: Korean Section follows the Korean curriculum set by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Korea, with the Principal and teaching staff appointed by the Ministry; and International Section which follows Cambridge International Program, with internationally appointed Principal and teaching staff.
Despite this duality, indeed embracing the difference, we seek to foster the same values in all our students and hope to help students become happy, fulfilled adults and contributing members of the global community.
Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world.
Our Core Values:
- To ensure a supportive, happy and secure environment for learning.
- We show care, kindness and compassion to others.
- We are supportive of each other.
- We respect the needs and rights of each member of our community.
- We embrace diversity and celebrate individuality.
- We are responsible and honest in our actions.
- To create an effective, caring and supportive learning environment.
- To provide students with the qualifications and ‘approaches to learning’ necessary to access tertiary education and future careers.
- To provide challenges and opportunities to succeed for all students in order to create high expectations of behaviour and involvement.
- To develop a sense of social responsibility and participation in the international community.
- To foster self-discipline, leadership, respect for others and the ability to work independently.
- To provide an ethos of continual improvement and lifelong learning
- To promote a culture of excellence in teaching and learning.
- To provide an individualised and personalised approach to learning together with small class sizes and flexible teaching methods.
- To develop leadership skills and a sense of service to others through a range of extracurricular opportunities locally and internationally.
- To use innovative pedagogy and technology to enrich learning. To work in partnership with parents, and the local and wider community in the ongoing development of the school.
- To foster a learning community where every student, teacher, staff member and parent has an ongoing passion for learning.