1-TO-1 DEVICE PROGRAM POLICIES
Students and parents participating in the Korean International School (KIS) 1-to-1 Device Program must adhere to the policies below. Please read every statement carefully:
- Upon enrolment into the 1-to-1 Device Program, devices will be equipped with a mobile device management software. Upon departure from school, the device will be reset to factory settings.
- 1-to-1 devices are entirely managed by the school IT department. Only applications approved for classroom learning will be installed.
- Should parents or students require additional applications be installed on 1-to-1 devices, kindly submit a request for review and approval by our IT department.
- Students should use their 1-to-1 devices as directed by their classroom/subject teacher or school administrator for instructional purposes only.
- All new students who have ordered a 1-to-1 device can borrow a Chromebook from the IT department until they have received their device.
- Technical issues with 1-to-1 devices during the school year will be addressed by the IT department.
- Student devices should be clearly labeled with their names.
- Devices should be placed in a safe case or cover. Parents and students are responsible for purchasing said case or cover.
- Students need to take responsibility for their device. The school is not responsible for loss of or damage to student devices or their accessories.
- Students should bring their 1-to-1 devices and accessories to school every day. Devices should be fully charged at home. In case charging is needed, charging points will be provided in classrooms.
- 1-to-1 program devices cannot be used during assessments, unless otherwise directed by a teacher or invigilator.
- Students must power off and put away their device if directed to do so by a teacher or a school administrator.
- Device must be in silent mode except when being actively used in the classroom for instruction suggested by a teacher.
- Students can only access files or Internet sites which are relevant to the classroom curriculum or suggested by a teacher.
- Printing from a student device will not be permitted at school.
- Students must not use their device to disrupt lessons, the learning of others, endanger the health or safety of anyone, invade the rights of others at school, or engage in illegal or prohibited conduct of any kind.
- Students will not use their device outside the classroom or common areas (Library, canteen, Gym etc.) unless instructed by a teacher and under a staff member’s supervision.
- Students will not use their device to take pictures or videos at any time during the school day or on school campus, unless authorized by the classroom teacher for instructional purposes only.
- Students are not permitted to transmit or post photographic images/videos of any person on campus on public and/or social networking sites.
- The school will collect data on the usage of 1-to-1 devices both on and off campus.
- The school has the right to confiscate and examine any device that is suspected to be involved in any inappropriate or illegal activity.
- The school reserves the right to change these policies at any time. In case of change, the latest published version will have precedence.
- By participating in the 1-to-1 Device Program, students and parents agree to abide by the above policies.