Student Council / Student voice
I believe that our students can offer a unique insight into the life of our school. There is a clear need to engage in regular dialogue with the students ensuring that they reflect on areas of real significance.
The aims of the Student Council
The Student Council is a forum for students to demonstrate their Active Citizenship and willingness to perform school community service.
- Reflects the culture of the school: “everyone contributing”.
- Students actively participate in decision making throughout the school.
- Students engage in meaningful discussions with their peers representing these views to Staff.
- Each class holds its own selection process for the representatives who hold the position for about six weeks.
- The Council is a representative body of children across most of the Primary years and Secondary with two representatives from each class.
- Children learn how to be active contributors to class, community and society.