Working at KIS
Teaching/Admin Openings: 2017-2018 School Year
B. List of Vacant Position(s)
C. Application Procedures
D. Conditions of Work
E. Criminal Records
F. Further contact
Primary students begin at age 4 at Korean International School. Classes are no more than 20 to 24 and each primary class has an assistant as well as a teacher while upper primary classes Year 3 & 6 each share an assistant. The school is an active member of the Cambridge International Primary Programme [CIPP] which provides us with curricular materials and support for all levels. The school has digital whiteboards in all classrooms and software for them that has been integrated with curricular materials. Years 7 to 13 also follow Cambridge Programmes of study: 7 to 9 is secondary 1 [key stage 3]; Years 10 & 11 are Cambridge IGCSE [key stage 4] and Years 12 &13 follow the AS and A Level programme.
B. List of Vacant Position(s):
POSITIONS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018-2019
We seek to appoint staff who are committed to working as part of a team, and who are ready willing and able to share their expertise.
Our students are motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn.
They deserve the very best that we can offer. Our experienced and committed staff give generously of their time, patience and humour, contributing to the success of our school at every level.
The International Section is currently looking for a full-time ESL teacher to teach both primary and lower secondary students who are in the early stages of developing their English. The following requirements need to be met:
- Degree holder and recognised ESL qualification the minimum academic requirements
- Experience with teaching Cambridge ESOL/Second language courses an advantage
- Familiarity with I.T. and the blended approach to ELT teaching and learning
- Flexible, enthusiastic and dedicated professional
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small team
- Willingness to input ideas and build up the programme
- Display good organisational and interpersonal skills
If you wish to be a team player in a stimulating, expanding department, please submit your C.V. and reference letter to Mr. Chadwick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Assistant – SEN Post-16, Full time
We are looking for a full-time educational assistant who has a keen interest in working with students (16-19 years old) with special educational needs in our Post-16 programme.
- To support students in the SEN Post-16 class in school
- Adapting support according to needs
- To work with individual students as well as lead small groups of young adults
- Preparing learning materials under the supervision of the lead teacher
- Looking after students’ physical, social and emotional welfare
- Experience of working with students with learning disabilities is preferred
- The ability to deal with challenging behavior
- Native English
- Strong communication skills
- Competitive pay
- Support from experienced specialist colleagues
- Free CPD
- Working in an established school and SEN programme
If you would like to be considered for the above post, please email your CV to our principal, Mr Christopher Chadwick (email@example.com
). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- To be included in the supply teachers’ pool and will be working on an ad hoc basis when required
- Registered teacher with the Hong Kong Education Bureau
- Commitment to student-centred and inquiry-based learning
- Knowledge of relevant UK curriculum/programmes an advantage
- Applicants must have the right to work in Hong Kong
Please send a full resume to the Primary Principal.
Applications are welcomed at any time for the supply teacher post and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews when a vacancy arises.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
C. Application Procedures:
Teachers should submit a cover letter
by email. It is important that complete and detailed information be offered on past employment and the nature of the credentials held by the applicant. A transcript
of university courses covered is a very useful document to include and applicants are strongly encouraged to include this information. All teachers must be certified by the Hong Kong Education Bureau.
All information should be sent to the school principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
D. Conditions of Work:
Contractual school hours are from 8:00 to 4:30 daily. There is a probation period of 3 months and after that period full-time staff are eligible for a medical card. There is a bonus of one month for each year of satisfactory work paid at the end of the contract which is normally for two years.
E. Criminal Records:
It is important to note that all applicants will be screened for past criminal records and as part of the information submitted applicants would be wise to include reports from police departments where they resided that state the applicant has no criminal record.
F. Further contact:
Only if the candidate is short listed
will there be further communication. Candidates should not contact the school by telephone and should assume that unless there is communication within three weeks from the date of the advertisement, the application has not been successful.